I week or two ago I posted a tutorial for a no sew flower. By taking the same principle of that flower and changing how you cut it slightly it can produce an entirely different type of flower. So I thought I would share with everyone.
5″ square piece of felt for flower
3″ square piece of green felt for leaves and backer
Hot glue gun
- Print out the pattern below. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is the correct size).
- Using the large scalloped pattern, cut the shape out of your felt for the flower. Note: You can use the pattern more as a guide. You do not have to be precise when cutting the pattern, if you look at the picture below you will notice that I rounded out the “corners”.
- Cut a scalloped spiral (see fig. 3) in the circle trying to keep the thickness of the piece somewhat uniform. Keep in mind the circle doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Wrap the center upon itself to create a roll and dab a little hot glue on it to keep it in place. Continue to wrap the felt around the center.
- Cut out the small circle and 2-leaf patterns using the green felt.
- Glue the leaves onto the small circle backer.
- Glue the backer with the leaves onto the back side of the headband.
- Glue the flower on top of the backer making sure that the headband is sandwiched in between.