I always have flowers on the brain, how to make them, what to do with them, how to make them into hair accessories… I am always on the look out for new inspirations, so when I saw someone make a paper flower using a similar technique I figured I would try it with felt. I think it totally looks cute and not a needle or thread in site!
4″ square piece of felt for flower
3″ square piece of green felt for leaves and backer
1-Bobby pin with glue pad (the sell tons on ESTY)
Hot glue gun
- Print out the pattern below. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is the correct size).
- Using the large circle pattern, cut a circle out of your 4″ felt for the flower.
- Cut a spiral in the circle trying to keep the thickness of the piece around .25″ to .375″ wide. Keep in mind the circle doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Wrap the center upon itself to create a roll and dab a little hot glue on it to keep it in place. Continue to wrap the felt around the center.
- Cut out the smaller circle and 2-leaf patterns using the green felt.
- Glue the leaves onto the small circle backer.
- Glue the backer with the leaves facing the back of the flower. Glue on the bobby pin.