Husband and wife team Mike and Kolleen Kilduff started Design by Night 10 years ago to help keep graphic-designer-by-day Kolleen out of trouble at night. Supervised by their dog Rufus (who is tough quality control), the Kilduffs specialize in hand crafting unique and unusual chapeaus using non-traditional decorations. Creations include:
- Hats of Curiosity—Inspired by Victorian cabinets of curiosity and wonder, these hats reflect the particular curiosities of their wearer, and are dominated by aesthetic concerns and a marked predilection for the exotic.
- Teacup Fascinators–A Design by Night Original! Born from an invitation to a tea party, our teacup collection are uniquely styled from the saucer up using fabric and millinery materials.
- Steampunk–Our steampunk headwear and accessories draw on the increasingly popular aesthetic inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- Day of the Dead Flower and Skull Crowns–These creations celebrate the aesthetic and fashion style of one of our favorite artist, Frida Kahlo. Perfect for your next Day of the Dead party!
- Woodland crowns–Celebrate your inner woodland nymph with our beautiful crowns featuring unicorn and satyr horns, fairy wings, and fawn antlers.
- Witch Hats—Dominated by beautiful fabric and flowers, our witchy wear brings new meaning to the phrase “I’ll get you my pretty.”
- Pirate Hats–Worn best while drinking rum, while at the ren faire, or your favorite pirate festival, you’ll pull in some fine booty while wearing one of these creations.
- Whimsical Flights of Fancy—Have a challenge for us? Bring it! We love to use unusual items and shapes to design unique and eclectic headwear and accessories for any genre or occasion.