If you have scraps of leather or faux leather around these hair bows are a great way to use them. You could even recycle an old purse or leather accessory that you no longer use.
4″ x 6″ piece of leather or faux leather
X-ACTO knife with new blade
White craft glue (I used Aleene’s Tacky Glue)
1.5″ Alligator Hair Clip
- Print out the pattern below. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is the correct size). Cut pieces out of the leather. Note: I used a fine point Sharpie to trace the pattern on the back of the leather to cut it out
- On the back side of the bow body, place a dab of glue on one of the ends and fold in to the middle. Repeat with other side and hold in place until glue dries.
- Take the center wrap with good side down and place the front of the bow on top with the back facing up. Glue each end of the center wrap and wrap it around the center of the bow body. Hold the wrapped ends until the glue dries.
- Using the X-ACTO Knife cut 2 small slits in the center of the bow backer.
- Take the alligator clip and slip it in the slits. Make sure the clip opening is on the back side of the leather.
- Glue the center of the backer with good side facing up. Place on the backside of the bow holding it in place until the glue dries.