I know, another felt flower pin tutorial? Well yes, sorry but winter makes me want to work in felt. Nothing warms the cockles like fuzzy, comfy easy to sew felt flowers.
Hot glue gun
1/8 of a yard of three colors of felt
Needle and Thread
- Print out the pattern below. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is the correct size). Cut out the following using three colors of felt:
5-Small Petals that go on the top of the flower
7-Medium Petals in color one, these get wrapped between two large petals
7-Large Petals in color two
7-Large Petals in color three
- Thread your needle and knot the end. Taking one of your Medium Felt Petals place it on top of a Large Petal, pinch them together in half (fig. 2A). Using another color large petal, wrap it around the two folded petals making sure it wraps over the “unfolded” side of the two petal cluster (fig. 2B).
- Pinching all three petals together at the base, stitch through all the folds of fabric at the base of the petal (fig. 3A).
Repeat step two with a second set of petals and stitch base to create a chain of seven petals (fig. 3B).
Gather them tightly and tie off (fig. 3C).
- Sew the two ends together to form a circle with the petals.
- Using the small petals sew them together with along the pointed end, gather the small petals and form a circle. Glue to the top of the flower.
- Glue a button to the center.
- Glue the pin to the circle backer and glue the heart over the pin back for a neat appearance.
- Glue the circle to the back of the flower.