Scissors or X-acto Knife
2-eye head pins
Felt (that compliments wrapping paper)
Piece of paper
- Cut several pieces of wrapping paper 2” wide. Vary the size from 10” to 36”.
- Take one of the pieces and fold it in half. Fold this half in half two more times making about a half inch high strip.
- Starting at an end, start to roll the paper on itself to create a tight coil. The coil will be larger or smaller depending on the length of the paper.
- When you get to the end, use the white glue to finish the coil. Hold in place until it is dry.
- After you have several coils you like, on a piece of paper arrange the coils into a design. When you get a design you like trace around the outside of it to create a backer template.Cut out the template and use it to cut out a piece of felt to use as a backer. Take your shapes and arrange them on the felt. Trim felt where necessary to avoid overhang.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the eye pins on opposite sides of the shape. This is how you will attach the chain to your paper pendant.
- Hot glue the shapes to the felt backer.
- Figure out how long you want your necklace and cut 2 pieces of equal chain.
- Add a jump ring to one end of the chain and attach it to one of the eye head pins on the pendant. Repeat step with other side.
- Attach jump rings to both open ends of chain, making sure to add the lobster clasp to one of them.